Services available from the practice
All GP practices are contracted to provide “essential services”; that is, basic treatment of ill people. We also provide the following “additional and enhanced services”:
- Child health surveillance, together with the Health Visiting team.
- Contraceptive services, including Implanon and IUD insertion and removal.
- Maternity services in the ante-natal and post-natal period, together with the midwife attached to the practice.
- Routine immunisation of children, together with the Health Visiting team.
- Immunisation for adults in relation to travel. Not all travel immunisations are available free on the NHS, please ask our practice nurse for details at least 2 months before you travel.
- Cervical smears.
- An annual flu immunisation programme to protect the elderly and those with a chronic disease causing them to be vulnerable to influenza.
- Regular monitoring, by blood and urine tests, for patients on a range of drugs for arthritis and bowel problems.
- Comprehensive reviews for patients with chronic disease.
- A methadone substitution programme for patients with drug abuse problems.
- Minor Surgery
Self Referral to Physiotherapy
Information and a telephone number for self referral are available from reception