Services available from the practice
All GP practices are contracted to provide “essential services”; that is, basic treatment of ill people. We also provide the following “additional and enhanced services”:
- Child health surveillance, together with the Health Visiting team.
- Contraceptive services, including Implanon and IUD insertion and removal.
- Maternity services in the ante-natal and post-natal period, together with the midwife attached to the practice.
- Regular monitoring, by blood and urine tests, for patients on a range of drugs for arthritis and bowel problems.
- Comprehensive reviews for patients with chronic disease.
- A methadone substitution programme for patients with drug abuse problems.
Self Referral to Physiotherapy
Information and a telephone number for self referral are available from reception